This cookies policy refers to the use of devices for storing and recovering browsing data on the website, being intended to provide you with clear and precise information on the cookies used on the Cannagin® website.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the device you are browsing from when you access our website. Cookies allow the website to, among other things, store and retrieve information about your visit and your browsing habits, and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which you use your device, can be used to recognise the user; all of this with the aim of facilitating future visits and using our website in the most efficient way possible. Cookies play a very important role and contribute to users enjoying a better browsing experience.
Types of cookies
Below is a classification of the cookies commonly used, broken down into a series of categories. However, it is important to note that a single cookie can be included in more than one category.
1. Types of cookies based on the entity managing them:
Based on the entity managing the device or domain from which cookies are sent and which processes the data obtained, we can distinguish between:
- Own cookies: these are cookies sent to the user’s terminal device from a device or domain managed by the publisher that provides the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: these are cookies sent to the user’s terminal device from a device or domain that is not managed by the Publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that the cookies are installed from a device or domain managed by the publisher, but the information collected through the cookies is managed by a third party, these cannot be considered own cookies.
2. Types of cookies based on how long they remain active
Depending on how long they remain active in the terminal device, we can distinguish between:
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website.
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the information remains stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a timeframe defined by the data controller responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies based on their purpose
Based on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical-necessary cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to browse a website, platform or App, and which cannot be deactivated by our systems. In general, they are only configured in response to actions performed by you and which entail a request for services, such as establishing privacy settings, checking that you are legally old enough to buy alcohol, shopping cart features and filling in forms. You can configure your browser to block or alert you about such cookies but doing so means that some parts of the site will not work. These cookies do not store personal information that can directly identify you.
- Customisation cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to access the service with some general predefined features that depend on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal device, such as language, they type of browser through which the service is being accessed, the regional settings in the place of origin, etc.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count site visits and see the origin of user traffic, allowing us to improve our site’s performance. They allow us to know which are the most and least popular pages and see how users browse the site. All the information collected by these cookies is stored jointly and, therefore, anonymously. If you do not accept these cookies, we won’t know when you visited our site and will not be able to supervise its performance.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow us to manage, as effectively as possible, the advertising spaces included by the publisher on the website, App or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which ads appear.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies allow us to manage, as effectively as possible, the advertising spaces included by the publisher on the website, App or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing us to create a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
- Directed cookies: These cookies are established on our site by our advertising partners (YouTube, Google, Facebook, Twitter and others).
These companies can use them to create a profile that reflects your interests to then show you customised ads on other websites. They do not store information that can directly identify you, instead being based exclusively on the identification of your browser and Internet device. If you do not accept these cookies, you will receive less specific ads, although the quantity of ads received will not change, as they will simply be less in line with your interests.
Cookies used on our website
Below we described the cookies we use, as well as their type and purpose:
The Cannagin® website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google, that allows website browsing to be measured and analysed. You may see cookies from this service on your device. Based on the classification above, these are simultaneously own cookies, session cookies, analysis cookies and directed cookies.
Web analytics provides us with information on the number of users accessing the website, the number of pages visited, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language, the terminal used and the city to which the IP address is assigned. Information that makes it possible for the site to provide better and more appropriate service.
To guarantee anonymity, Google renders your information anonymous by truncating the IP address before storing it, meaning that Google Analytics cannot be used to locate or collect information that can be used to identify visitors to the site. Google may only send the information gathered by Google Analytics to third parties when it is legally obligated to do so. According to the service provision conditions of Google Analytics, Google shall not associate your IP address with any other data stored by Google.
Other cookies used on our website:
How to eliminate cookies
You can easily eliminate the cookies installed on your device using your Internet browser’s settings. You have to keep in mind that if you eliminate cookies from your device, website quality might decrease, and some services might stop working. You can find the relevant information on how to eliminate cookies from different browsers in the links below: